- Place of Safety
- Band 7
- Fixed Term
- £38,035 - £48,256 p.a inc
- 10/05/2018 23:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an existing band 7 or an experienced band 6 to take up the position of the Place of Safety Unit Manager.
The Place of Safety at the Maudsley Hospital is a purpose built, specifically designed unit which is responsible for accepting all Section 136 admissions for the Trust. If successful you will be joining a dedicated multi-disciplinary team specialised in the assessment and management of persons experiencing mental health crisis. Rather than standalone units, you would be working in a department with a range of accommodations and communal spaces.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and creative individual with strong leadership, excellent communication skills and a range of experiences at a senior level.
As the unit is still fairly new, having been operational for just over one year, the successful applicant will need to be adept at service development and improvement.
You must be able to:
- uphold overall management responsibility for the delivery of care within the Place of Safety, in accordance with Trust policies and procedures.
- lead a team of nursing staff in the delivery of high quality evidence-based practice, ensuring that regular supervision and appraisal take place.
- work closely with the Police across the 4 Boroughs.
- ensure the needs of service users are the centre of care delivery.
- manage administrative and operational resources in a cost-effective manner, evaluating the standard of service delivered.
- co-ordinate multidisciplinary working, maintaining excellent communication and working relationships with all team members, other services within the Trust and externally.
- ensure effective interface and continuity of care between disciplines and services.
- ensure systems are in place to monitor and audit the effectiveness of the service in line with both Trust and locally agreed standards.
- ensure that the centralised place of safety is a recognised element of the crisis pathway.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Please contact : Maryland Ocansey ,Clinical Services Lead - 0203 228 6403
or email :Maryland.Ocansey@slam.nhs.uk