- Croydon Directorate L2
- Band 6
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- Woodland House
- £28,050 -£36,644 per annum
- 20/11/2018 23:59
If you’re looking for a new opportunity to further your career as an Occupational Therapist, this is the perfect chance for you
Joining a great team in a great facility, you can be part of the care pathways that make a difference to young people’s lives.
Discover more of what matters. Stretch your horizon.
- Work in an inspiring facility: Kent and Medway Adolescent Unit in Staplehurst is a fantastic, modern inpatient facility supporting young people with a range of psychiatric disorders in a safe, stimulating environment.
- Join a respected Trust: We’re part of the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, one of the country’s largest and most respected mental health NHS trusts. A recent CQC Inspection rated the Trust’s CAMHS Inpatient Pathway as ‘good’, with this service’s good practice being highlighted.
- Be part of a great team: You’ll work alongside experienced nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, Family Therapists and Social Workers in a collaborative environment that embraces progressive thinking. We’ll encourage you to share ideas and follow them through into innovative practice.
As an occupational Therapist at KMAU you will:
- Manage a caseload of clients with complex needs, using evidence based client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- Provide leadership for junior staff and students, through supervision and appraisal.
- Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of OT / MDT services, holding responsibility for co-ordinating the therapeutic programme and defined projects.
- Carry out MDT activities as identified.
- Deputise for the Head OT covering ward and Team based duties in their absence.
- The role will involve working extended hours to 8pm and the opportunity to work weekends.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).